Gardening for exercise

Reaction score
Country
Kenya
Gardening is quite a nice way of exercising. Most of the work is manual and you work at your own pace. My garden is located near a stream where I have farmed various horticultural crops in the past though currently its fallow. I use rudimentary tools like hoes to till the land and jerrycans to water the plants. This yields a positive dividend in terms of exercise. It gets better when the weather is cold because I can do alot of work.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
It's a great workout:D In spring, I repotted almost 100 plants, some of them are really big. It was exhausting, but I enjoyed doing it.
Like they say, exercise is the best antidepressant:)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
Philippines
When we moved in to this house, we were excited with the backyard that we can convert to a vegetable garden. It's a small space but good enough for a physical activity that I need. I have a sedentary job so I really need an exercise and gardening is one good way. However, I get too tired in pulling the weeds although I'm okay in digging and creating the beds for planting. I agree that it's a great workout in terms of the sweat. And the reward is not just the energy but the harvest as well.

Reaction score
Country
Nepal
I don't go for jogging, cycling, swimming or running. I don't work out. However, I work 2-3 hours in my farm every day, my work includes tending animals, working on the flower garden or vegetable patch. I sweat out during my work in my farm. This is very healthy exercise.

Reaction score
My garden is my oasis. I am a couch potato and since I started working online as a writer, the most exercise I get is watering our backyard garden. Gardening takes me away to a new world and relieves my stress. I currently have 4 rows planted to a variety of vegetables like cabbage, bitter gourd, eggplant, and lady's fingers. I was inspired by this forum to take gardening seriously. I am presently learning how to plant mung seeds and sprout it for business.

Ask a Question