Forgot this herb's name - can U help?

Reaction score
Country
United States
I planted this so long ago my stake rotted out and I've forgotten the name of it. Could someone identify this for me. It has about a zillion blooms on it when blooming and bees love it. It was about 2.5 ft. high and about 2 ft. across last year.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
If you have had it for several years, then most likely parsley. Cilantro does not come back every year. It could also be Queen Anns lace, aka, wild carrot.

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Looks like Cow parsley :)

DSCF1549.JPG

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Wild carrot flowers...

DSCI0106.JPG

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just did a bit of homework. Evidently Cow parsley IS wild chervil, and the 'proper' name is Anthriscus sylvestris :woot:

Reaction score
Country
United States
Thanks, everyone for helping out! I finally remembered to day that I had seen many good photos of herbs a couple of years ago and did some searching. From viewing those and the names two items jogged my mind - Chamomile and Yarrow.

And from the looks of many of those you suggested I would have almost gone with the Chervil definition as far as the leaves and flowers looked, however I never had seed or plants for that.

My Chamomile never did well, so it has to be the Yarrow plant.

I have a 6 ft X 16 ft raised bed for herbs that I am blocking off int 2 ft. squares to grow herbs just for identifying them properly. Planting one plant or seed in the center of each square, I plan on milling a bamboo cutting board down to size and milling the Herb names on the pieces. That should last for several years.

To all, THANKS, again.

Jesse

Ask a Question