Design Update

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
I've just made some upgrades to the forums and the design, so things may look a little different when you read this post :D.

I hope you like the new design, it's very similar to the old one so things should be familiar, but there are some important tweaks that will make it much easier for me to code bits for the site in future.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
Ah, Ian, all that is Greek to me, but this is a very user-friendly and readable site that I enjoy. Thanks for making it better, or at least easier for your coding efforts.
I'll stick to gardening and leave the tweaking to you!(y)

MaryMary

Quite Contrary
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
When I first signed in, the banner was blue, and that was a bit disconcerting. (Oh no! What new demon is possessing this computer?! :rolleyes: ) I clicked on another forum, and it went back to green. (y)

I'll stick to gardening and leave the tweaking to you!(y)
Well said!! :ROFLMAO: Some things are different colors, for instance quote boxes are now gray, and the new design is boxy instead of rounded. These things do not matter, though. Tweak away, Ian!! :LOL:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United Kingdom
I'm sorry, the new set-up is hopeless for me. I have eye problems that cannot cope with the brightness. My computer already has the brightness reduced but that doesn't help with this new look. I have no choice but to leave the forums.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA Zone 11
Country
Mexico
@Sheal are you serious? or are you just joshing with Ian? I am so upset. If you do have eye problems, i am so very sorry. Have you tried sunglasses for screen viewing? I would be very sad to see you leave. Maybe there is some further adjustment that can be made to your computer?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I like it, really. Has a cleaner look.

Anything that makes admin's job easier on a free forum is OK by me, really. :)

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
I'm sorry, the new set-up is hopeless for me. I have eye problems that cannot cope with the brightness. My computer already has the brightness reduced but that doesn't help with this new look. I have no choice but to leave the forums.

I'll drop you a PM about this now, as I'm sure there's something we can do about this to help :).

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10b
Country
United States
Just came on the forum and saw it changed a lot! I quickly searched for an announcement thread which I did find!

I will need to get used to it, but I can see the design you are going for. Very modern! Great work!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA Zone 11
Country
Mexico
@Sheal i have problems with my eyes as well, so my concern is genuine as is my empathy although this new format is not difficult for my eyes. Ian is so cool, if there is something that can be done, he will do it. Ian, Becky, and Zigs are the best team i have encountered in my adventures through the myriad of garden forum sites on the web. Far and away, the best.

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom

Is this free program any use @Sheal ?

http://www.nelsonpires.com/software/dimmer/

Would help on other sites too, not just this one :)

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
I'm testing out some colours for the site with Sheal at the moment, so by early in the week we'll hopefully have a new contrast version which should improve things :D. I'll make an option in the user profile somewhere, so it'll just take a couple of clicks and people can choose which style they'd like.

Ask a Question