Deer resistant perennials with color

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello,
I have been trying to make my front landscape look appealing for the past few years. I’m tired of the green. We live by woods and have a good deer population. Everything that I plant that is “deer resistant” gets devoured. I want a perennial so I don’t have to keep buying and planting every year. They have eaten my candytuft, sonic bloom wiegelas,foxglove,columbines and I can’t even remember the few others. I have planted them among other perennials like lambs ear or lavender to try and disguise them no luck. Im Not mad at them but frustrated for the amount of time and money Wasted. I have even waited 2 months After planting to see if they leave it alone and then magically when I think I found the answer they come along and devour everything. please Help!!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United Kingdom
Welcome to the forum Evergreen28. :)

I sympathise as I have a problem with deer too. I'm still planting my garden but here are the plants they haven't touched so far.

Shrubs....Ribes, Choisya, Deutzia, Spiraea, Buddleja, Rosa Rugosa, Mahonia, Potentilla 'Fruticosa' and Cotoneaster 'Berried Treasure', but I don't know whether they will devour the other varieties of Cotoneaster.

Herbaceous perennials....Papaver (Poppy), Lupin, Rudbeckia, Coreopsis and Sedum 'Spectabile'.

Other plants....Lonicera, Kniphofia, Heuchera, Daffodil, Iris and Primula 'Vulgaris'.

Ask a Question