Cattle Manure

Reaction score
Country
United States
This is interesting, Never Knew so many people were against Manure.

I have horses, chickens, Ducks, And everything in between and I use all their Manure,
I do age it for about 2 years and keep flipping it.

But never have had a problem with weeds from the manure, or fungus.

And threw all my trials of grow plants NOTHING. Beats good old fashioned Crap.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
This is interesting, Never Knew so many people were against Manure.

I have horses, chickens, Ducks, And everything in between and I use all their Manure,
I do age it for about 2 years and keep flipping it.

But never have had a problem with weeds from the manure, or fungus.

And threw all my trials of grow plants NOTHING. Beats good old fashioned Crap.
I don't think anyone here is against manure. What we are worried about is cattle manure and unless it is aged or composted it poses the threat of harmful strains of E- coli and Salmonela being transmitted to plants. You age or compost your manure for two years so it is no wonder there are no weed seeds or harmful bacteria or fungi. We are concerned about incorporating fresh or semi-fresh cow manure into the garden

Reaction score
Country
United States
I don't think anyone here is against manure. What we are worried about is cattle manure and unless it is aged or composted it poses the threat of harmful strains of E- coli and Salmonela being transmitted to plants. You age or compost your manure for two years so it is no wonder there are no weed seeds or harmful bacteria or fungi. We are concerned about incorporating fresh or semi-fresh cow manure into the garden

I thought Fresh Or fairly Fresh manure Burns Plants?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
Philippines
Gee, that 3.5 tons of cattle manure is good for a hectare of garden for years. Dried cattle manure is the best so you have to scatter it on the ground for drying, much better on concrete so drying is faster at 3 days. For fertilizer use, it is mixed in the soil and added to the base of the plants or trees. The nutrients will be absorbed by the soil and eventually by the plants and trees upon irrigation.

Ask a Question