Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
Is it.? Lets see some numbers.
65.4- ish million persons.
3\4 said they ate carrots.
48 some odd million persons at 75% or 3 out of 4.
Article says 10 billlion carrots eaten by 48 million or leads us to thinks so anyway.

10,000,000,000 divide by 48000000 is 208 carrots per person. that is 50 ish carrot per quarter year and 18 ish carrots per month so one would notice that.

No.So what is this article selling?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United Kingdom
4.33 weeks per month x 4 carrots for you. Suspiciously normal.
I did not say 4 carrots per week; I said more than because it's difficult to quantify just how many I do eat.
In wintertime I make batches of soup containing 4 or more carrots, depending on size.
The small frozen carrots I buy when I don't have my own can be 20-30 per portion.
Chantennay and round bite-size carrots come in at 6-10 per portion.
I snack on them raw, and my dog likes carrot.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
I did not say 4 carrots per week; I said more than because it's difficult to quantify just how many I do eat.
In wintertime I make batches of soup containing 4 or more carrots, depending on size.
The small frozen carrots I buy when I don't have my own can be 20-30 per portion.
Chantennay and round bite-size carrots come in at 6-10 per portion.
I snack on them raw, and my dog likes carrot.
I forgot about the mini carrots we buy here in bags. This might explain the high numbers.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4b
Country
United Kingdom
I don't grow veggies any more. I can't cope with the digging, However when I did grow food, I always grew carrots in last years manured ground. Soil that is too rich in food causes carrots and I believe parsnips to 'fork'; the extra rich soil just causes the roots to 'lose it', and they don't know where to feed from next! If you see what I mean. This could well happen if you use the 'no-dig' method and grow carrots in fresh beds. . I won't say no-dig it doesn't work, because Charles Dowding clearly proves it does, but I trust the digging method myself. What I used to do was break new ground by growing spuds, which don't mind freshly manured ground. Then the following year I would grow the other root cops that can 'fork'. So if you grow with the no-dig system, grow potatoes first, to break up the ground, when you crop. Then follow on with the carrots and so on. Hope that helps.

Incidentally; I can't eat too many carrots because they have a high sugar content and as a type 2 diabetic, I have to watch things!

Ask a Question