Asking Avocado Experts for Help

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello Avocado Experts,

Two of the three avocado plants I have grown from seeds are showing sypmtoms such as holes and brownings, especially with the new leaves. I am giving it 6 hours of sun and watering regularly (3~4 days a week). Based on the pictures, can any experts tell what is wrong?
20190630_131456.jpg
20190630_131456.jpg20190630_131446.jpg20190630_131640.jpg20190630_131508.jpg

Thank you so much in advance!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Watering too often and snail/slug/insect damage. Watering too often is shown by the water lesion and browning. The holes are probably from snails. When you water saturate the soil COMPLETELY. Then when you can stick your index finger halfway into the soil and it is DRY it is time to water again. Probably in 3 or 4 days but maybe longer.

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Watering too often and snail/slug/insect damage. Watering too often is shown by the water lesion and browning. The holes are probably from snails. When you water saturate the soil COMPLETELY. Then when you can stick your index finger halfway into the soil and it is DRY it is time to water again. Probably in 3 or 4 days but maybe longer.

Can I water ever plant in the same way or this advice is only for some plants?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Can I water ever plant in the same way or this advice is only for some plants?
Basically it applies to most plants. It all depends on your climate and soil but, the basics are the same. If DRY a couple of inches deep it is time to water again. When you water you saturate the soil. You can and will kill a plant by watering too often but you will not harm a plant by applying too much water.

Ask a Question