Are these cucumber plants?

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello, I am typically a cannabis grower, and these little guys sprouted up in one of my pots about 3 weeks ago. So out of curiosity I repotted them out of my cannabis pot and let them grow. I believe I have successfully identified them as cucumbers but wanted to make sure before I move them into a larger pot and let them fully grow.
720145EC-F382-4626-90BE-86AF1542034C.jpeg
092B3439-203D-48C1-BF93-D1FE050881B9.jpeg

Reaction score
Country
United States
Greetings, welcome to the Forums.

Yes, these are Cucumber (Cucumis sativus) vines. Enjoy.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I agree with @headfullofbees. Cucumbers have a more triangular and a more pointed leaf than a cantaloupe. Cantaloupes have a rounded leaf as shown in picture #1. Cucumbers also have more of a lobed leaf than the pictures show but the only way to know for sure is to wait for them to bloom and observe the female flowers. Transplanting and growth habits are the same for both.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, I am typically a cannabis grower, and these little guys sprouted up in one of my pots about 3 weeks ago. So out of curiosity I repotted them out of my cannabis pot and let them grow. I believe I have successfully identified them as cucumbers but wanted to make sure before I move them into a larger pot and let them fully grow.View attachment 87897View attachment 87898
They’re definitely from that family, so cucumber, squash, pumpkin etc

Ask a Question