Any idea what they are?

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Im now planning on fencing the area off so can not see it and just continue killing it when it grows through and gets bigger.

If they’re 2 different weeds why have I suddenly got horsetail do you think

Make sure you bruise it before spraying.

There's some confusion over this, some folk are saying it's the same plant, others that it's different ones :unsure:

I remember the smaller one growing in the flower beds in my parent's garden, quite unobtrusive. I also remember the bigger ones in a churchyard in Dorset that seemed to love the area where the stream flowed through the valley. They grew about 4 foot tall :eek:

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Make sure you bruise it before spraying.

There's some confusion over this, some folk are saying it's the same plant, others that it's different ones :unsure:

I remember the smaller one growing in the flower beds in my parent's garden, quite unobtrusive. I also remember the bigger ones in a churchyard in Dorset that seemed to love the area where the stream flowed through the valley. They grew about 4 foot tall :eek:
The weed killer is coming out 😱

Attachments

• 97981C3F-24EB-43C3-8625-710C8B1A4C21.jpeg
    97981C3F-24EB-43C3-8625-710C8B1A4C21.jpeg
    990.3 KB · Views: 2
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Unfortunately it’s just on bark chipping now, it used to be grass in that area so never realised it was an issue until a few years ago. It crops up on a few other areas of the garden but I just pluck it out as soon as I see it. I’m used to it but just a bit gutted that I’ve also got the triffid version now..

Thankfully we have a big garden so can get away with fencing it off this year as it does look awful when it’s been killed
It's not a different version, it is the same plant. Let's say it 'evolves' shall we, that's a good word!

Ask a Question