ZZ Plant- Leaves folding and closing up

Reaction score
Country
India
Hello,

My ZZ plant is placed almost 10 feet away from an East facing large window and receives bright indirect light. This was how it looked like 4 months ago.
IMG_20200227_234746__01.jpg

Recently, the leaves are folding up and closing up on themselves.
IMG_20200707_092138.jpg IMG_20200707_092126.jpg

There has not been any growth in these past 4 months, just the realignment of the leaves.

Is something wrong with the plant or is it a sign that it's environment is not favourable?
Kindly help!

Reaction score
Country
Egypt
It looks fine to me, but I heard that if the leaves of the ZZ are folding up it means that they're moving away from the light because it's too much for them. As for growing, do you fertilize it? Or may be it just needs time!

Good luck! ^_^

Reaction score
Country
India
It looks fine to me, but I heard that if the leaves of the ZZ are folding up it means that they're moving away from the light because it's too much for them. As for growing, do you fertilize it? Or may be it just needs time!

Good luck! ^_^

Thank you Zahraa :) I had read that about moving away from light too, and needed a confirmation whether that could be the reason. Contradicting articles say keeping a ZZ plant in bright light ensures growth and I am new to this plant - so was super confused on what to follow! Anyway, thank you :) I'll see if moving it to another spot helps

Reaction score
Country
Egypt
It's kinda confusing. I even see it sometimes on videos living in a very bright light with a bit of morning sun. However, I think yours still look pretty healthy the way it is! Good luck with your plant ^_^

Ask a Question