ZZ Plant getting eaten?

Reaction score
Country
Canada
It looks like something's eating away at my Zamioculus Zamiifolium! Can anyone help me figure out what it is?

Attachments

• IMG_7445.JPG
    IMG_7445.JPG
    130.7 KB · Views: 771
  • IMG_7446.JPG
    IMG_7446.JPG
    131.6 KB · Views: 332
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United Kingdom
If a cat was to eat a ZZ plant it would be vary ill at the vary least as they are Toxic and dangerous to pets like cats. There are not any known pests that they suffer from but if you have a cat keep it away from the plant The cats heath could be at risk

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Thanks, everyone! I saw no sign of bugs, so the culprit had to be our new Maine Coon cat. I'm aware of the toxicity of ZZ plant so it was always kept up on a VERY high shelf. It kept our hyperactive one-year-old cat from ever getting at it, so we didn't think to take extra precautions upon bringing a shy senior cat into the home, but apparently she's a climber!

She mustn't have taken a bite out of it (thank goodness!), since she hasn't shown any signs of distress. But the plant now has a new, cat-free home.

Ask a Question