Your opinion, please

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
Our internet provider just upped the cost, and we are looking at other options. Does anyone here have HughesNet?
If you do use this service, I'd appreciate your opinion of it, and any experiences you'd care to share.

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
I don't know about that one but i think all of them are going up in march. We have just the broadband from virgin. Hubby phoned them up and asked if he could have the same offer as a new customer and they did a deal that he could have the increase lowered and that's what he did, I think that it was £45 a month, he does have a very high speed broadband.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6/7
Country
United States
I don't know about that one but i think all of them are going up in march.
COPIED:
Company unions were common in the United States during the early twentieth century, but were outlawed under the 1935 National Labor Relations Act §8(a)(2) so that trade unions could remain independent of management. All labor organizations would have to be freely elected by the workforce, without interference.
Another U.S.A. law that has failed.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6/7
Country
United States
It has plenty to do with your request, COST seemed to be the real question. HughesNet will follow suit because they are also in that union, so changing to HughesNet would be futile.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
Somebody on another site said they simply ran a hotspot off their phone/cell service. I had suggested starlink but someone else said they did not care for it and it was about 100 a month. I can say that I made a discovery that everybody probably knew about save me. The power went out, and using a generator for power, I was able to use my phone to link the google mesh wifi routers into my phone hotspot wifi and we could watch anything we wanted on our smart tv's. The quantity of data can be pretty high doing that though, and try as I might nobody will take leaves for payment. I was thinking of going back to Charter for tv, as they have our isp service already and are running a offer bundle og isp + their tv app for 100 per month.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
We used Hughesnet for while when Dish owned it. It was abismal. Appart from constant equipment problems and switching out everything, some of it twice, till they figured out they had broken the wall receptacle when the intalled it and constant complaints about slooooooooow speed, they finally admitted they were throttling us back because we live in town and they only give full speed to people out in the boonies. We would call and complain and the tech would mumble some excuse and "try something". Lo and behold our speed would instantly jump - then go back again in less than 24 hours. And BTW, even if you do get good speed, its only for download, upload is still back in the dark ages. We now have Frontier which changed to Zipfly and I'm not getting as fast at times, but that may be the pandemic overload issue. We also have a dedicated Verizon cell phone hot spot device which we use in the motorhome and for back up if at home we need it. It works very well plus they are all going 5G now. It's cheap and all on the same account but doesn't use our phones, so with an unlimited data plan, it's a good deal.

Ask a Question