Young tomato plant

Reaction score
Hi all,
I have a month old tomato plants that show the same disease/deficiency. Initially i thought it was some nutrient deficiency but it is clear now I think that it looks more like spots and they tend to be on the main veins of the leaves.
Please check the images.
Any ideas?
thank you!

Attachments

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I think you have two problems. The leaves are waaay too green, a sign of too much nitrogen in the soil. The bumps look like edema caused by improper watering.

Reaction score
Hi Chuck!
Thanks for the reply, i think the color is also due to photo white balance/contrast, I dont find "greener" as usual tomato plants that I had in the past. But edema is interesting suggestion. I water whenever soil is almost dry and I water from the bottom. Also if you see closely the veins are actually affected while quick internet search for edema showed leaves which the veins are intact. But I agree that this is by far the closest I could find online.

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have some jalapeno pepper plants that have edema and it looks similar to your plants but more severe. can you get a better picture of the underside of the leaves. also look closely with a magnifying glass and see if you can see little crystals forming on the bottom of the leaf were the bumps are.

Ask a Question