Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
Any ideas about what this might be?

image.jpg

Reaction score
It does look like a tree, I think I have seen this one before, but I really can't remember the name. They used to grow almost everywhere in my city, if I recall right they are very tall. I am almost certain this is one of those trees.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
Interesting. Yeah, we are in the suburbs. I welcome any tree in this desolate landscape, but it's a little close to our foundation for comfort. Better find out what it is and how invasive the roots are. Thanks!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Aha! I kept hoping someone would identify that because it looked so familiar but I couldn't place it. The leaves sure do look like cottonwood.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I believe I have this tree in my yard but I don't know what it is either. My is huge though, and it is quite stinky when the seasons changed, unless yours is a different type of tree. The leaves look familiar to me.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
Iran, Islamic Republic Of
It's Cottonwood - poplar as all of you agreed! the leaves are so loosely attached to the main part that with every gentle breeze the tree will wave hands for you!

In your country there is a widely known tree farm placed in Oregon- Boardman tree farm- Which they grow hybrid poplars there. I suggest you checking this link for watching the spectacular landscapes of this tree farm :

http://www.pickchur.com/2013/09/symmetrical-beauty-of-boardman-tree-farm-in-oregon-usa/

Ask a Question