Yes, those flowers are from my garden!

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am South African. At the moment we are in the middle of Autumn ( Fall) and I am mourning the loss of color in my garden. Those lilies and lavender are from my garden, I took the pic in October or November last year.

At the moment I have aloe, some perennials and biannuals in the garden. I also have just planted an avocado tree, but it will take many many years before it bears any fruit.

I am wanting to start a fruit and vegetable garden as well, I used to help my grandmother with hers, but I never saw the need for one. But since decent fruit and vegetables are now so expensive, I have decided to plant my own. Weare thinking of growing pumpkin, potatoes, tomatoes, beans, lettuce and strawberries (but I have memories of snakes ravaging my gran's strawberries).

Why am I here? To share and learn from other experienced gardeners, and to learn more about companion planting, and bio-friendly ways of keeping those dang pests away!

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Hi ColdHands, great that you've joined us - welcome aboard :D.

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Welcome to Gardening Forums

Our member Dim is from South Africa too, although he lives in the UK now.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Hello and welcome aboard! :) Those are beautiful lilies in your avatar, I look forward to seeing photos of your garden!

Ask a Question