Yellowing Peace Lily leaves.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Arab Emirates
The leaves of this peace lily started becoming yellow and then browning, so I begun cutting the browning parts. As you see in the photo below, I already cut off some leaves because they had wilted.

ceDBLBv.jpg

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Arab Emirates
How often do you water?
I watered them about once a week, everything was fine. One day, I saw the leaves beginning to wilt so I watered them quickly. A few hours later everything was fine. Next morning I saw the yellowing.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi @Klona The peace lilies I have seem pretty tough, and they usually display this kind of behaviour when/if I forget to feed and water them. They always recover for me if I start treating them right again :rolleyes: I would clip off all the unhealthy looking leaves at the bottom, and give them a little granular slow release feed now. Make sure you check how moist/dry they are on a daily basis, and make sure they drain properly once they are watered.
I don`t pot mine on or split them until they are practically busting out of their pots. :)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Arab Emirates
Hi @Klona The peace lilies I have seem pretty tough, and they usually display this kind of behaviour when/if I forget to feed and water them. They always recover for me if I start treating them right again :rolleyes: I would clip off all the unhealthy looking leaves at the bottom, and give them a little granular slow release feed now. Make sure you check how moist/dry they are on a daily basis, and make sure they drain properly once they are watered.
I don`t pot mine on or split them until they are practically busting out of their pots. :)

Where do I cut the stalk exactly? Do you mean at the very bottom? Like completely remove the unhealthy stem or just the leaf part?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Arab Emirates
At the very bottom (y)
Alright, Thanks!

I've been wondering, does every stalk come from the same root ball? I have never seen under this plant's soil so I have no idea about its structure.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
Is this an indoor plant? I tend to think watering it once per week may be too much. Probably won't hurt to do what Tetters says and then cut back on the watering.

I have one of these plants and I don't water it, but then again, it's in the soil under my live oak tree.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
In the UK, the Spathiphyllum (peace lily) is one of the easiest house plants. It likes to be in the shade, but needs enough light to help it to flower. It does not like to be exposed to the direct sunlight, and that can cause the leaves to turn brown/yellow, as can drying out and starving of nutrition. It benefits (as most house plants do) from some humidity, and so putting it on a tray with pebbles and water, and spraying the leaves from time to time will help it.
It is quite true that the sap and all parts of the plant can be toxic, and it`s best to keep them out of the reach of children and pets.

When I have propagated this plant in the past I have usually cut through the root system with a pruning saw, and planted up the resulting pieces.

There endeth the lesson (hooray I hear you all shout) :geek:.... :whistle::D:ROFLMAO:

Ask a Question