Yellow spots and curling of limequat leaves

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi Everyone,

I am very new to gardening, and am looking for advice on my limequat tree. Does anyone know what might be causing the yellow spots on the leaves. I also noticed some of the leaves have been curling downward. Is this just due to the heat? Am I overwatering or underwatering?

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• 3EEFB4DD-3392-43DA-946C-6DBBAC951A40.jpeg
    3EEFB4DD-3392-43DA-946C-6DBBAC951A40.jpeg
    184.3 KB · Views: 52
  • EB32B26F-F110-4E5E-B9FB-1F0DB040DE0D.jpeg
    EB32B26F-F110-4E5E-B9FB-1F0DB040DE0D.jpeg
    159.5 KB · Views: 70
Reaction score
Country
United States
Greetings, welcome to the Forums.

Leaf curling is often a sign of inconsistent soil hydration. The soil either stays to wet, or too dry. Sometimes it yo-yos between both extreems without finding a happy medium. A citrus in a container in mid-summer can be challenging to properly irrigate. Actually the leaf curling seen in the OP photographs is not very severe. This shows that some care is being taken for proper irrigation.

I recommend that soil moisture be evaluated every day or two. You don't want to keep the soil to wet and saturated, but you also don't want the plant to be water-stressed in hot weather. Its a dynamic balance and from the look of the plant you are not too far off.

Limequat (Citrus x floridana, formerly x Citrofortunella floridana) is an complex hybrid between the Key Lime (Citrus x aurantiifolia) and the Japanese Kumquat (Citrus japonica). It combines the sour, tangy pulp of the key lime with the sweet skin of a kumquat.

Ask a Question