Yellow Cucumbers

Reaction score
My cucumbers are looking horrible this year and I usually have decent luck with them. Many of them have a lot of yellow spots. Is this caused by too much water or is something maybe missing from the soil? We have gotten a lot of rain this summer, but lately it's been pretty dry, so I am not sure that's the problem. Did all the rain maybe wash some important nutrients that they need out of the ground?

Are they not getting enough sun?

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Could be the start of grey mold.

Too much rain :(

Reaction score
It's raining again right now!

I didn't think of mold. That makes sense considering how damp it's been. But... it had been drier and sunnier for the last couple weeks, until the rain again today.

I am still thinking that perhaps the soil is lacking proper nutrients. I haven't added any fertilizer to the plants this year.

I guess cucumbers just weren't in the cards for this year's garden.

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
If it stops raining long enough, feed with tomato feed, still a bit longer left yet.

Reaction score
Yes, I think I will do that. It's pretty gloomy out there today, so I think more rain is coming. This weekend I will fertilize with some Miracle Grow and see if that helps. I prefer to grow things organically, but it looks like I won't have much of a "crop" if I don't give it a little help this year. We should still have at least a month left so fingers are crossed.

Reaction score
Always thought they started to turn yellow by letting them grow too big, but too much water does make sense in the fact mine are doing so well. It has been so freaking hot and dry here, it's been nice.

Ask a Question