Worm

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
I had one crawl across my drive way yesterday

I just don't know if its the round up and weed b gone, or the 3 inches of rain that drove him out of the ground

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Yuck:eek: . I don't know why but they seem to like going out of the ground when it's raining. I sometimes find them in my garden, they always creep me out. They're so ugly:confused:

Reaction score
I would say it's the rain that makes them come out. I remember seeing something in a documentary about how they come up because the soil becomes waterlogged and they can't breath. So, they wriggle around until the water level goes down, while trying to find some kind of cover to hide from the birds that are on the hunt.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7B
The ground does become waterlogged, and that is why the worms come up out of the ground. Poor little fellows, then they are right up there where the birds can find them and eat all they want.
Worms are one of the best things to help the soil, so if you see that you have worms, be happy, even of you don't like the looks of them. They are totally harmless little creatures, and very beneficial to our earth.

Reaction score
Worms glorious worms! These little fellows are a gardeners friend they drill holes that aerate the soil and their excrement is an excellent fertilizer, they also make good fish bait, whoops sorry!

Ask a Question