Worm eating Bell Pepper leaves

Reaction score
My Bell Pepper just started recovering from fungus. As soon as the new green leaves grew, I saw little holes in them.
After scratching my head for 2 weeks, I finally found worms - the creepy kind in the Bell pepper pot.
It started with 1-2, but I ended up finding about 10. I think some little ones are still in the pot.
They are definitely not earth worms. I've known earth worms since I was a kid.
This one looks like the evil kind. Pics below- you can see the worm crawling in the first pic. Sorry for the bad image quality.
How do I get rid of them?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
My Bell Pepper just started recovering from fungus. As soon as the new green leaves grew, I saw little holes in them.
After scratching my head for 2 weeks, I finally found worms - the creepy kind in the Bell pepper pot.
It started with 1-2, but I ended up finding about 10. I think some little ones are still in the pot.
They are definitely not earth worms. I've known earth worms since I was a kid.
This one looks like the evil kind. Pics below- you can see the worm crawling in the first pic. Sorry for the bad image quality.
How do I get rid of them?

Those are loupers. Little tiny green worms. The fastest way to eliminate them is to use a product that has Bt (bacillus thruingiensis) as its active ingredient, such as Bt Worm Killer by GreenLight. The second fastest is a product with Spinosad as its main ingredient. Both are extremely effective and both are organic, harmless to people and pets

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Thanks.
Do you just spray it on the leaves or on the soil?
You spray the Bt. on the leaves. Spinosad kills many other insects as well as caterpillars. It can be used as a soil drench or as a spray depending on what pest you are after.

Ask a Question