Word to the wise, if..........

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
.........you are starting seeds under lights indoors AND using a seed heat mat for the first time (got my hand raised)........start the seeds 6 weeks (rule of thumb) before your last frost date (NOT 9 weeks), ESPECIALLY crooked neck squash and zucchini......just sayin'........

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
.........you are starting seeds under lights indoors AND using a seed heat mat for the first time (got my hand raised)........start the seeds 6 weeks (rule of thumb) before your last frost date (NOT 9 weeks)......just sayin'........

Good point David :giggle:

I built a cold frame for inside the unheated greenhouse, it's on an insulated base and so far has stayed above freezing even when the pots in the greenhouse have frozen.

I'm putting my seedlings out there as the house is too warm and they'll get leggy.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Cor, potting on time then :giggle:
That's what I spent all morning doing was repotting......Had planted 3-4 seeds in each pot so I had multiple plants to separate, putting 1 plant to a pot. Tell ya what, tho......as fast as they germinate using the seed starting heat mat.....not gonna be putting more than 1 seed to a pot from here on. If a seed doesn't sprout, I'll just push another seed into the pot......it'll catch up.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
I've got some Sweetpea seeds, i'll get them in then :)
I would swear our winters are like your summers yet my peas have not amused me. They are large though, and I think I will plant anew into the spring sun whilst leaving those many that have been with me all winter. It will be a lark of course, we do so much better with beans here than peas.

Ask a Question