Wondering Jews.

Reaction score
Country
United States
I went to Calloway's Nursery today and got some Wondering Jews for the hanging rail planters. I love the metallic purple and green.
20180804_163144.jpg
20180804_163141.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
Ok. I had a laugh becuse I had a triple PhD from Lithuania over for grilled steak one night and he "wondered" about his jewishness. I gave him more wine and a jazz cd by "Big Head Todd and the Monsters. His wife had never had wisterschire sauce on a bbbq steak. It was good times but the title of your post made me laugh about that evening. also, a few hundred friends of mine and I watched as he shot his first pvc potato cannon. This was the first Saturday before Christmas, at a annual all male gathering designed to allow the ladies to have time to do what they needed prior to our Christmas holiday. My residence is in a University town and he was here forba year on a sabbatical. I hope he did not leave disappointed .

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
They even grow in water. I have a couple of stems thriving in a jar of water and they're so adorable sitting there on top of my microwave.

I prefer these over the purple 'wandering Jews' (Tradescantia pallida), which spread like cancer in my garden. Ukhh! I really do not like those. :inpain:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Zone 6
Country
United States
They even grow in water. I have a couple of stems thriving in a jar of water and they're so adorable sitting there on top of my microwave.

I prefer these over the purple 'wandering Jews' (Tradescantia pallida), which spread like cancer in my garden. Ukhh! I really do not like those. :inpain:
I learned something new. I did not know that a Wandering Jew even grows in water.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
I learned something new. I did not know that a Wandering Jew even grows in water.
I was surprised to learn that too. From what I heard snake plants and some ficus species can grow in water as well.

Here is my wandering Jew living in water:

IMG-2103.jpg

Ask a Question