Wiseowl's Walks

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Wow, what a beautiful place you have to walk around in. If I lived there, I don't think I would ever go inside! How old is North East Kent? Living in the US, where a town is really, really old if it's more than 100 years, I'm always fascinated with truly old towns, with their lovely architecture and parks/gardens. The history just shines through.

Reaction score
I loved all the pics, bu the one I liked the most was the last one! Such a beautiful place :) I've always admired the beauty of England, since I was a little girl. England never disappoints me with its highly photogenic places...

wiseowl

\friendly Owl
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
United Kingdom Hardiness Zone 8
Country
United Kingdom
Good evening @kevinkimers and@galmal,@Trellum and thank you for your lovely comments my friends:)

The tree is the American Indian Bean Tree or Catalpa Bignonioides.outside the cathedral,
Like a strange and faithful pet, Rochester's Catalpa forever heels at the foot of England's second oldest Cathedral, founded in 640AD by Bishop Justus. Under the twisted and time-wrought boughs of this beautiful tree one has the sense of being embraced in a living history. From Dickens to D-Day, the tree has seen it all.

Rochester is Charles Dickens country:)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Lovely pictures, Woo (y)

We tend to get used to old buildings here in England. Even in my village we have cottages that are over 500 years old.

Our village monthly magazine always puts extracts from their old files into the magazine. They're usually from the 16th or 17th Century. :)

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Smashing Pics Wiseowl :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Love the photos of your walk! Such nice architecture things and interesting people in costume to see. I love the period those dresses are in! It made the women so glamorous!

Reaction score
Good evening @kevinkimers and@galmal,@Trellum and thank you for your lovely comments my friends:)

The tree is the American Indian Bean Tree or Catalpa Bignonioides.outside the cathedral,
Like a strange and faithful pet, Rochester's Catalpa forever heels at the foot of England's second oldest Cathedral, founded in 640AD by Bishop Justus. Under the twisted and time-wrought boughs of this beautiful tree one has the sense of being embraced in a living history. From Dickens to D-Day, the tree has seen it all.

Rochester is Charles Dickens country:)

It's truly a magnificent looking tree! So beautiful! So it has seen a lot this tree, cant imagine what this tree would say if it could talk, heh! I bet he'd have so much to say! What a magnificent piece of history you guys have right there, living history!

Reaction score

Oh my!!!! What a lovely set of beautiful people you got right there!!! I can tell most of them put so much effort on their disguises :O Realy lovely! I'd love going to one of those festivals one day, I actually might. I love the idea of dressing up :) This ought to be a really enjoyable time! Very nice pictures!!!

Ask a Question