Winter Storm USA East Coast

Reaction score
Thanks for the warning, I do have relatives living in that zone and these news took us all by surprise. Just when we thought we'd all get a really short winter this year. I feel blessed to live farther in the south.

Reaction score
Country
United States
I live in the area, and so far it hasn't been all that windy for a blizzard. Lots and lots of snow, though. I may take pics later and upload them assuming power stays on, to keep you guys updated. :p

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
Japan
This has been making news even over here in Japan. As we have family and friends back in the States it's been something we are checking regularly. Hoping that anyone here in the region is staying safe.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
12 -24 inches predicted here, and winds are now gusting at 38 mph, with higher gust above 50 mph. As long as the power stays on I can deal with it.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
Saturday morning , awaking to looks like a foot of snow. And still coming down. So far POWER is still on. YEAH. have. to shovel a small area to get some food to the outdoor cats, who have a heated shelter, and heated water. The other three cats are inside. Have no where I have to go till Monday. So hunkering down. Tub is full of water in case power goes off. We still need to get a generator. will get pics later.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
Japan
Saturday morning , awaking to looks like a foot of snow. And still coming down. So far POWER is still on. YEAH. have. to shovel a small area to get some food to the outdoor cats, who have a heated shelter, and heated water. The other three cats are inside. Have no where I have to go till Monday. So hunkering down. Tub is full of water in case power goes off. We still need to get a generator. will get pics later.

Glad to hear that you still have power. Sounds like you're well prepared, enjoy the down time as much as you can - relax, read a good book or catch up on some TV shows perhaps! That's what I would be doing :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
I keep reading stuff in the news about this - it looks really bad! My thoughts go out to everyone affected. It's going to be tough for the elderly :(

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
Sunday morning. all done. now its shoveling out. finding someone to plow our whole long driveway, digging out the cars. shoveling paths to the driveway. Power still on. YEAH. snow up past knees in many places some drifts as high as my butt. Have to get out and look anywhere we can, one outdoor cat has not turned up. I was roaming calling yesterday, now again today. Why she did not hunker down in the heated cat house she is always in or at least under the deck like her brother did who knows.

Pat

Reaction score
Country
United States
The snow total in my area is about 26 inches. It will take days to get dug out, we do not know when the trucks will be down our street to make a way to get out. My concern was the power going out, we did good no power outage.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
was thinking about you @Pat . Today Sunday, and storm done, and its sunny. Got the plow guy in line to do our long driveway. they plowed our street late last night. Have some neighbor kids to come and shovel paths. Located the missing outdoor cat. She put herself in the storm drain not far from the house, near the gardens, she answered to her name, and I saw her, looks good, she is standing etc. we have pounded down a path in the snow to help her walk through it to come up to the house. Now it is just waiting for her to get over her timidness and to venture up to the house. there is no way we can reach her, she would just go further in the drain.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
We lucked out again in my part of New England we only got a little more than a dusting, I had the generator set up and ready to go. For those who got hit hard be safe and don't over do it clearing the snow. Have a snow ball fight and enjoy if you can.

Reaction score
Country
United States
We had a lot of snow, but it luckily didn't ice(which is what I was mostly worried about, since I have a tendency to slip easily on ice and hurt myself because of it). We just have piles and piles of snow everywhere, and I now have to dig out my car. Not so bad :]

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
Cats ok, now up in her heated cat house. Nuts. driveway cleared, cars out. paths dug. ready for work tomorrow . Yeah. glass of wine poured. Glad also no ice, that ways heavy on garden shrubs, and small trees, and will break some branches on larger trees. Lucked out that power stayed on. considering a snow blower soon. we have to get a generator also.

Ask a Question