Wilting and Browning Kentia

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Had a Kentia in my dining area for about 3 months and over the last couple of weeks it's been wilting and leaves have been turning brown. I water it about once every 2 weeks as I've always read you should NOT over water them and I think this is where I have gone wrong in the past. This is my first Kentia though. There are also little brown long things on the underside of the leaves which I do not recall being there when I got the plant home. I can't tell if they're alive or not *shudder*

I tried to post photos but when I put photo url in it keeps saying something went wrong and to tell administrator :confused:

Thanks for your help.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
How close to a window is the plant? They do best with bright diffuse light and will tolerate lower light levels but not thrive. In brighter light they need more water, in lower light they need less water. The brown things are probably leaf hairs and not a problem.

Ask a Question