Will you leave someone else to enter your garden?

Reaction score
When it comes to my garden, I am very choosy about people. I do not let everyone inside my garden. Only my family and close friends are allowed inside my garden. I hate it when a stranger or not so close person enters my garden and starts plucking the leaves or flowers of my garden. I even do not like it when those people start giving comments about my plants there in the garden. They are allowed to see the garden only from the balcony.
The plants in my garden are all like my kids and i will protect it from others and will not even like it when they touch it unnecessarily. I am very protective as well as possessive about them. How about you?

Reaction score
I'm lucky that I live in the country so only friends and family come over anyhow. Everybody else just gets to drive by and enjoy the flowers. But as to letting anyone in my gardens, as long as they pull weeds while they are admiring the beauty, all I can say if the more the merrier! Also, when we leave for a trip, the responsibility goes to my mom and sister, as well as my in-laws. Since they get as much veggies out of the garden as we do, they should do there fair share of work! Too bad that we only get away for maybe one to two nights during the nice months, and they don't seem to want to volunteer their time otherwise! Oh, well I wouldn't trade the work for anything.

Reaction score
I don't mind if strangers want to take a look at my yard. I have had several want to take a look when we were having a garage sale, they would ask me questions and tell me that they were going to send their husbands down to take a look so they could do something similiar in their yards. I always took those comments as compliments. Now I have had kids come up to my fence and hang out staring at the pond wanting to see the fish. I let these young kids in the backyard once and they kept coming up wanting to bring their friends to look at the fish and they asked me a ton of questions. I did not mind at first but it got old after a few days of it. Maybe I gave them an idea and when they grow up they will wnat to do something with their yards.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
I welcome visitors to my yard, Thats my enjoyment . I don't let them feed the fish without me there. granddaughters step on my plants, they wont obey me all the time
There was a older women in my town that wrote a article for the paper every week , she would just come by and park in the drive way and write it never bothered me

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
I don't have a lot of traffic through my garden so that's not really a problem. I'm also not likely to have someone to my home that I would not want to have access to my garden -- I am rather particular about that. For someone to come to my house I really have to like them.

Reaction score
My garden is cut off from most people as it is a balcony behind one of our bedrooms. I only take my friends there as they always want to see what is new in my garden. I don't think I wouldn't mind if I had a yard and a stranger wanted to take a look.. I think I would be proud of my garden anyways.

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Found a lady lurking in my garden, turned out she was a member of a forum I post in that had a gardening section.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
Found a lady lurking in my garden, turned out she was a member of a forum I post in that had a gardening section.

Get out! Did she know she was in your garden? What are the chances of that? (Wait, weren't we just talking about the chances of that?)

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
3092.gif

She recognised the house from a pic of the garden i'd posted, lived in a local village. We ended up swapping a few plants.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Zigs, I'm sure it was surprising to find her, lol:p

I don't have problems with people entering my garden. But no one can touch my roses! They're mine:p . I can only make an exception for my boyfriend because he gave me them:D

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Lol, I know:p . I sound like a teenager sometimes - but I can't help it, I'm so completely, totally in love and he is the most wonderful person in the entire world:D . My roses are the most wonderful to me too:D . I love them!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
Hey, Zigs, remember what that felt like?

At least we know we can depend on our plants, eh? I've been watching these tiny little green buds on the blueberry wondering what they would be and they've started opening into clusters of new leaves. It's so thrilling! Bring on Spring!

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Just about:D

I got a rose thats just about to flower, brought it in when the frost was heavy.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
I have a cutting from a rose that's been sitting in water for almost 2 months. All the other cuttings had been placed in soil and cloched. None of those made it, but the one in water is finally starting to look like it may show some new growth.

Ask a Question