Will busy lizzies grow well under a tree

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9-10a
Country
United Kingdom
I was planning on making a raised bed under these damsen trees and planting something which flowers for a long time under it so ideally busy lizzies since they do well in shade, I recently moved in so I don't know how thick the foliage will be but to the left of this pic is south facing so it's possible they'll get filtered light through it when the leaves grow back

Attachments

• IMG_20190309_182858.jpg
    IMG_20190309_182858.jpg
    139.2 KB · Views: 166
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Busy Lizzies will grow anywhere. They are just as happy in sunshine or shade. I just wish they were perennials.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
Busy Lizzies will grow anywhere. They are just as happy in sunshine or shade. I just wish they were perennials.
I have had busy lizzies reseed themselves, and popped up the next year in about June have seen the babies. I don't mulch often and also have areas with other reseeders so I am always on the look out for babies appearing. Just got to know what the difference between babies and weeds. There was one show where they showed a ruff stone wall that had some casual soil in between the rocks, the person blew busy lizzie seeds in the openings, and they actually took and bloomed.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
Sound good I'm planning on getting some from suttons, their "accent star" mix
I just buy them as a plant, as they are easy to find in huge amounts here. have to use my limited seed starting spaces for unique. But if you can use the seed blowing in thing into the rock wall, yep, go for it.

Ask a Question