Will Bonsall

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Zone 9
Country
United Kingdom
I’ve been given a copy of Will Bonsall’s Essential guide to radical self reliant gardening. I have yet to get in to it but a brief flip through tells me he is into veganic , plant based growing.
are there any aficionado‘s ( or otherwise ?) out there ?
( This post is purely for info purposes , I’m not into stirring up the organic versus chemical debate ! )

Reaction score
Country
United States
So 'veganic' is vegan + organic. Yes, there are all sorts of threads and posts concerning organic gardening here. I would say the majority of posts that discuss such matters, largely advocate or emphasize such practices. Though the exact approach and 'purity' of the methods are endless cause for debate. There aren't too many posts about raising fowl or livestock, but I would find it an intriguing addition if there were more of that.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
If you are referring to plant based organic fertilizers there are a few posters on this forum who use it regularly. I have used it quite a bit but where I live it is more expensive than poultry based fertilizer so I don't use it all of the time. The plant based fertilizers I have used are all good fertilizers but I have to say that I find alfalfa based the best. I have used cotton seed, seaweed/kelp and soybean. I have not tried a side by side comparison between manure based and plant based.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
will352

Latest Threads