wild roses

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
I was lucky and moved into a house with beautiful wild roses. I've never cared for them before does anyone have any tips? Does being wild imply I don't have to do much?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I was lucky and moved into a house with beautiful wild roses. I've never cared for them before does anyone have any tips? Does being wild imply I don't have to do much?
If these are really roses of course they have to be maintained. Dead heading, pruning at the appropriate time etc. Roses are prone to a lot of things including fungus and insects. There are different types of roses, climbers, bush type, own root, grafted. Own root roses, especially climbers tend to require less attention than others but even so you can't just enjoy and forget

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
Thank you for your reply. I feel more confident that I've been doing what I should now.

NatalieW

Certified Herbalist
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5A
Country
United States
A house I moved into had wild roses. They would bloom once then be done for the year... once I started maintaining them, I discovered they would bloom repeatedly all season long. I loved them! Begin by pruning where they need it... give them airflow and cut off dead parts and suckers.... give them a good feeding and some composted manure around their bases. You will notice how much they change!

Ask a Question