Wife unhappy with Kafir Lime tree

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi all, I am new around here. And basically I kill plants. I don't mean to just that everywhere I've lived whenever I buy a plant it is like the kiss of death for the poor thing. But, I shall try again.

My wife had this kafir lime tree planted about 3-4 years ago. We live in Scottsdale AZ and it gets lots of sunshine. It is on a watering system that gives it about 50 minutes of water twice a week. I've given it fertilizer once or twice but forget when or how much or what it was.

In any case here are some photos of the thing. I think it is OK but wife is sure it is dying. A bit melodramatic but that is her style. :cool:

I welcome opinions or suggestions. Thanks for the forum.

Attachments

• IMG_1244.JPG
    IMG_1244.JPG
    309.5 KB · Views: 266
  • IMG_1245.JPG
    IMG_1245.JPG
    346.1 KB · Views: 240
  • IMG_1246.JPG
    IMG_1246.JPG
    213.3 KB · Views: 263
  • IMG_1247.JPG
    IMG_1247.JPG
    340 KB · Views: 218
  • IMG_1248.JPG
    IMG_1248.JPG
    268.3 KB · Views: 237
  • IMG_1249.JPG
    IMG_1249.JPG
    381.1 KB · Views: 283
  • IMG_1250 2.JPG
    IMG_1250 2.JPG
    325.3 KB · Views: 219
  • IMG_1250.JPG
    IMG_1250.JPG
    325.3 KB · Views: 260

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
If you research on the internet and youtube, you can usually get invaluable advice. We all learn and kill and cure and get by .. so don't feel bad.

This might be useful to you.

Kaffir Lime Tree Care Despite the fact that Kaffir lime trees are tolerant of less than ideal conditions, there are specific needs that should be met for optimal growth. Kaffir limes prefer full sun in moist, well-drained soil. If grown indoors, keep near a sunny window. The Kaffir lime tree appreciates water and somewhat humid conditions during the growing season. Keep in mind, however, that this tree is prone to root rot if kept too wet, so allow the soil to dry out some between waterings. Regular misting helps with humidity levels. Kaffir lime trees are cold sensitive and need to be protected from frost. Therefore, these plants should be brought indoors during winter if they are grown outside. They enjoy indoor temperatures around 60 F. (16 C.) or above, especially during winter months.

Read more at Gardening Know How: Care Of Your Kaffir Lime Tree https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/edible/fruits/lime/care-of-your-kaffir-lime-tree.htm

Hopefully, someone with actual experience of growing kaffir leaves will join in the thread.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Thanks alp. My wife thinks it is doing poorly. Myself? I think it's doing fine. The lemon trees are sucking I agree with here there and will be taking photos to my local nursery for advice on them.

Ask a Question