Why is my lemon skin like this?

Reaction score
Country
Australia
My lemon tree has this greying effect on the peel where it doesn't see much sunlight? Every single lemon on the tree is like this :( Any help with this would be much appreciated.
Thankyou
PS : i'm a beginner gardener.
IMG_2796.JPG

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
Philippines
I'm sad because another lemon tree of ours just withered with no reason at all. Our suspicion is a type of parasite that hits the roots. Anyway, with the bad complexion of the lemon fruit's skin, that also happens to one of our lemon plant that is planted in the corner of the backyard. Yes, it is due to lack of sunlight so the skin has that unhealthy complexion.

Reaction score
This definitely looks like lemon scabbing. I had an issue like this with my lemon tree last year. From what I understand, copper sprays are one of the only ways to manage the scabbing. I'm not familiar with how to use or where to get copper spray. The way I dealt with mine was just paying close attention to them and watering/making sure they didn't get too much sun. The scabbed lemons never healed, but there were new lemons sprouting that didn't have any issues.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I saw this before from some lemons that I bought at the store. Although it looks strange but I don't remember there was anything wrong with the inside. I don't use the lemon peel so the scab doesn't bother me.

Reaction score
Country
Australia
I've found black scale, which I'm treating with pest oil and I'll get some copper spray tomorrow and hopefully it'll be more happy.
Thankyou everyone for your advice.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
I'm pleased to hear you found the cause of the problem, fingers crossed the treatment will work well. Let us know how it goes! Oh and welcome to the forum :)

Reaction score
Country
India
i think your plant is not getting sufficient sunshine so
some time this problem com into many fruits like lemon, mango etc but it is not big issue this can resolve by giving
sufficient care to our plant..
thanks..

Ask a Question