Country
United States
IMG_1685.JPG

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
It could be one of numerous things. One is thrips. Another is humidity changes. Another is a virus. Too early to tell for sure.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10b
Country
United States
This problem only happens with this pepper plant. I have tomato plants, basil, carrots and other herbs that look fine.

How will I be able to diagnose it? It just started to get its first flower buds too.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
This problem only happens with this pepper plant. I have tomato plants, basil, carrots and other herbs that look fine.

How will I be able to diagnose it? It just started to get its first flower buds too.
If all of you other plants are OK it is a varietal issue. Only time will tell if that variety is for your climate. You might look on the bottom of the leaves with a magnifying glass and look for thrips but I doubt that they are the problem. It is probably an issue of what is good for your climate.

Prophet

Intelligently Inquisitive
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Usually is one of 2 things. Heat or Pests. Some pests may not bother your other fruits but just the peppers and vice versa. Check the under sides of leaves for any pests--if you have them just mix up a teaspoon of antibacterial soap to a spraybottle of water and spray. If you live where its hot and humid the plant will do this in defense so just make sure its well watered. Most pepper plants can take a good bit of drought but will produce better properly watered. Peppers are my fav vegetable to grow and don't worry b/c they are very durable. I have one that just now died after 3 frosts (less than 20degrees) and went through serious drought b/c I didnt water it on purpose to see how long it would last.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10b
Country
United States
Ok. I bought 3 more pepper plants from Home Depot. They looked fine at the store, but new leaves grew in wrinkled again. I just started spraying with safer insect killing soap. I'm gong to do it twice a week.

I doubt its environmental. The plants look fine until they come to me.

Ask a Question