Why are my peas yellowing?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
What can I give them to make them green again?

009.JPG

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
It's possible they have a nutrient deficiency. In case it is from over watering, as @CanadianLori suggested, let them dry out for a bit and then just monitor for any changes. Have you fertilized recently?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
I didn't add anything to the pot when I planted them. It's probably too much water (I gotta work on that), and also I think this kind of pea doesn't like the Texas weather and soil. They're gone now. I'll use the pot for a zucchini plant :) They were sugar snap peas.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
I didn't add anything to the pot when I planted them. It's probably too much water (I gotta work on that), and also I think this kind of pea doesn't like the Texas weather and soil.

What does Texas soil have to do with it if you had them in a pot? Peas are easy enough to sprout, and a lot easier to grow than zucchini. Why not start again?

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Chlorosis.

Not enough nutrient for them to carry out photosynthesis.

Need more iron and trace elements (y)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
What does Texas soil have to do with it if you had them in a pot? Peas are easy enough to sprout, and a lot easier to grow than zucchini. Why not start again?
The pot has soil from the yard and compost. I didn't buy potting soil to fill it up :) I won't start again because I'll get more joy out of a squash plant (hopefully) and I'd rather use the fence I was gonna use as trellis for the squash.

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
For next time I try the peas...how do I add them to the soil?

You could use a variety of things, rockdust, seaweed fertiliser, or make comfrey/nettle feed. Even an old nail in the bottom of the watering can would add iron.

My Mum told me they used to have an iron nail in the drinking water bucket when she was little.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
The pot has soil from the yard and compost. I didn't buy potting soil to fill it up :) I won't start again because I'll get more joy out of a squash plant (hopefully) and I'd rather use the fence I was gonna use as trellis for the squash.

Well, that's why you failed and will likely fail again with the squash. Potting mixes are lighter than garden mixes and contain less or even no soil. Lori was likely right that your peas were too soggy.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Well, that's why you failed and will likely fail again with the squash. Potting mixes are lighter than garden mixes and contain less or even no soil. Lori was likely right that your peas were too soggy.
I agree with the over watering. I'm trying to get better. I haven't watered anything since Tuesday morning and I'm getting antsy :LOL:

I guess what I don't understand why I need to put potting soil in a pot. To me, if I planted in the ground, the plants would get the soil and the compost, so the plant should do the same in a pot with the same kind of soil and compost. That's what sounds logical to me.

Can you please explain what the difference is? I'd like to understand it because I don't want to fail with the squash or any other plants I decide to grow in a pot. Thanks, ChanellG :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States

Ask a Question