Whitefly eating insects

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10b
Country
United States
I bought ladybugs to eat whiteflies, but they only ate the aphids and left. We have a pretty big whitefly problem in Miami because there are no whitefly predators. What is the whitefly's biggest predator? What plants attract it?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I bought ladybugs to eat whiteflies, but they only ate the aphids and left. We have a pretty big whitefly problem in Miami because there are no whitefly predators. What is the whitefly's biggest predator? What plants attract it?
I have a friend who has a very large greenhouse and every so often he sends off for a type of beetle about the shape and size of a ladybug but it is solid black. He waits to order them until there are a lot of whitefly present then he closes up the green house so they can't fly off. Only thing wrong is that these black ladybug insects are EXPENSIVE. He says that they are the best thing for whitefly control because they eat the eggs, nymphs and grown whitefly and they do it rapidly. To him money is no object though. Other than these insects the only good method of ridding yourself of them is to regularly spray with spinosad and neem. Mix the neem with a dose of Safers. It will take more than one application.

Ask a Question