Whiteflower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone identify this plant please. It has appeared in a large tub for the 2nd year. It is about 24" tall, a long grass reed like stem bearing a cluster of small bud like creamy white flowers at the very tip, they resemble the individual flowers on lupins. In the strong sun yesterday one or two of these indivudal flowers started to open up revealing a purple centre. The plant is some sort of bulb or corm and has a corm the same sort of size as a bluebell,. Only has a grass like leaf at the side of the stem. I have a photo on my phone but dont know how to send it to you. Any help appreciated, thank you.

Attachments

• DSCF0772.JPG
    DSCF0772.JPG
    151.3 KB · Views: 259
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
It appears to be a cat!

Where it says upload a file at the bottom of the text entry screen you will find the picture controls. They will allow you to browse to your picture. Protip: wait until upload occurs and then choose display full image.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Welcome to the forum @Delphine Watton :)

It took me ages to pluck up the courage to post a pic on my first forum.......something ALWAYS goes wrong on my first attempt:D:ROFLMAO:

Try again.....as many times as it may take, love to see your mystery white flower (y)

Love your cat by the way!!:)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Welcome to the forum @Delphine Watton :)

It took me ages to pluck up the courage to post a pic on my first forum.......something ALWAYS goes wrong on my first attempt:D:ROFLMAO:

Try again.....as many times as it may take, love to see your mystery white flower (y)

Love your cat by the way!!:)

Thanks, glad you like the cat. I dont have a photo on my computer of the flower I am trying to identify.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
It appears to be a cat!

Where it says upload a file at the bottom of the text entry screen you will find the picture controls. They will allow you to browse to your picture. Protip: wait until upload occurs and then choose display full image.

Well yes it is a photo of my cat. I didnt know it was necessary to post a picture of the flower.

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LucSac841

Latest Threads