White mold in pot?

Reaction score
Country
United States
My succulent I just planted last weekend has a white mold looking layer growing on top of the dirt. I’m guessing the plant is just sick, my dad just bought it for me and I replanted a bunch of different plants on the same day so it’s not the dirt. I’m wondering if there’s a way I can make the plant better or if I should just pull the leaves, wash them and try to propagate them? Here’s a pic of it. Please let me know if anyone has any ideas. This has happened with other plants before after I first replant them but then they just rot and die. I did the same thing for this plant as I do all my other ones too so it must be the plant.

Attachments

• 766826A4-65E9-41B4-9F38-4F7EE0F9A18D.jpeg
    766826A4-65E9-41B4-9F38-4F7EE0F9A18D.jpeg
    178.5 KB · Views: 62
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
Welcome to the forums:)

You have a perfect stem to cut and propagate to be on the safe side. Since this is a succulent I would just go to a completely dry cycle, and watering by adding only a little moisture. Just enough water to keep the plant from wilting. Mold can’t grow without an abundance of moisture. This is how I love my succulents. Maybe it will work for you too.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
If you're asking about the white stuff on the decorative gravel then there is nothing wrong, it's just mineral deposits from your water. Same with the white spots on the leaves.

Ask a Question