" white grass"

Reaction score
Country
United States
I am seeing some blades of grass in the lawn turning white. It is widely scattered for the most part ...I recently applied lime and a commercial fertilizer--that was about two weeks ago...I live in rhode island...I have attached a couple of photos but don't know how much they show

Attachments

• IMG_0335.JPG
    IMG_0335.JPG
    348.2 KB · Views: 132
  • IMG_0336.JPG
    IMG_0336.JPG
    486.8 KB · Views: 134
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I am seeing some blades of grass in the lawn turning white. It is widely scattered for the most part ...I recently applied lime and a commercial fertilizer--that was about two weeks ago...I live in rhode island...I have attached a couple of photos but don't know how much they show
What did you fertilize with?

Reaction score
Country
United States
Scotts Starter Fertilizer with crabgrass preventer...pelletized lime ….

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Scotts Starter Fertilizer with crabgrass preventer...pelletized lime ….
That's what I figured. Another example of why to never ever use any Scotts product. What has happened is that the weed and feed fertilizer you used has a chemical in it called Mesotrione. It sometimes "bleaches" grass. The good news is that it is not permanent, your grass will be OK. But please, do yourself a favor and stay far away from Scotts.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hey you got poison ivy in the second photo growing on the ground close to that crack. That means you have more of it on your property and so be careful not to get the oil on your skin.

Ask a Question