White Fusion Calathea Curling and Drying

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Hi everyone, I just got this white fusion Calathea and no matter how much I trim the dried leaves of this plant, it still curls in. It seems to also be getting a very small furry layer on the curled area (like a fungal infection possibly?).

I started wiping the leaves down with soapy water and baking soda and making sure the affected areas were cut off but no joy.

I thought maybe I was over misting it so I've also stopped doing that. Humidity sits about 50% so I don't think it has to do with low humidity either.

Any suggestions?

Attachments

• IMG_20190123_114708.jpg
    IMG_20190123_114708.jpg
    143.1 KB · Views: 1,235
  • IMG_20190123_114703.jpg
    IMG_20190123_114703.jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 1,191

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
I have no idea what this plant is, but Dr Google yields up the followings:

The leaves of a Calathea Plant curl under when the temperature is too warm or the Calathea Plant is in an area that is too bright. Why are there brown spots on the leaves of my Calathea Plant? Calatheas are very fussy plants and the leaves get brown tips, brown spots, or brown edges very easily.

Hot temperatures cause the leaves to curl. High humidity is a must! A Calathea plant gets brown leaf edges when the air is too dry. ... The leaves of a Calathea are more beautiful than many of the flowers on other indoor plants.
How to Grow Care for a Calathea Plant | Houseplant 411

https://www.houseplant411.com/houseplant/calathea-plant-how-to-grow-care-guide

Dr Google might be hijacked, just as any press or media; so do a bit more research please. Dr Google might not be a genuine doctor in horticulture, so beware!

Ask a Question