White flies worse than ever.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10b
Country
United States
Hi all! If I thought last year was bad, with white flies eating hundreds of holes in my spearmint plants; this year is ever worse. The flies are now eating holes in everything in my garden. Not so much the parsley, but the basil, cilantro, zinneas, and other plants are being attacked relentlessly.
I've used insecticidal soap and nime oil, but nothing seems to help.

Suggestions?
Thanks,
janice

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi janice, so sorry to hear about your troubles. i'm surprised to hear neem oil didn't work, it's done great for me in the past... but i understand the same solution doesn't work for everyone all of the time. i think it's in your best interest to try multiple methods at once to attack the problem on many fronts; for example, you can try diatomaceous earth (food grade since you're using on edible plants) and also try sticky traps to catch adult ones before they reproduce. I hope the situation improves for you soon!

Reaction score
Country
United States
MAN! I feel your pain! Maybe THAT is what has eaten every blessed plant in my garden. Their leaves look like lace. And everything is dying. And I have tried EVERYTHING that's suggested! I hate those darn things!!!!! If u figure something out, keep me posted! I would love to know how to get rid of these horrid suckers!!!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10b
Country
United States
MAN! I feel your pain! Maybe THAT is what has eaten every blessed plant in my garden. Their leaves look like lace. And everything is dying. And I have tried EVERYTHING that's suggested! I hate those darn things!!!!! If u figure something out, keep me posted! I would love to know how to get rid of these horrid suckers!!!
Hi again. I did a whole bunch of research and I learned that white flies are attracted to the color yellow. So a video suggests your get some yellow construction paper, coat it with vaseline, and stake pieces around your plants. The white flies will fly to the paper and get trapped in the sticky stuff.
Otherwise you can buy the same sort of thing from the Safer company. I haven't gotten mine yet. Here's a link.

Ask a Question