White cotton nest on Aloe Vera

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10b
Country
Bahrain
Healthy Aloe Vera growing very well indoors with enough space in pot and sunlight and water.
Over past 3 days I noticed white cotton nest like growth with small light brown/white cocoons type things at the bases of all the 4 plants I have (it's spreading!)

Most tips/advice online say to dilute rubbing alcohol and rub on plants. Seems like Miller Beetle from what I can tell so far.
Want to seek help here and see if rubbing alcohol is the right thing to do? Or if there is a more organic method to kill off these pests! A second opinion would be much appreciated.

I'm in USDA hardiness zone 10b but these dudes live indoors

#beginnergardener :)
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    118.9 KB · Views: 413
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    118.9 KB · Views: 327
Reaction score
Country
United States
The Aloe officinalis, formerly Aloe vera var. officinalis, shown in the OP is infested with Mealybugs (Pseudococcidae, Homoptera).

To eradicate the infestation, first use a tool like a wooden toothpick or sharpened pencil to remove any visible, mealybugs. Secondly spray with insecticidal soap or rubbing alcohol. Be sire to spray in leaf crevices and other hard to reach spaces. Repeat these two steps as needed until the infestation is eliminated.

Ask a Question