which tree is this?

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Apologies, I'm a gardening noob..:

which tree is this?

and also, any idea why only half of the tree has leaves ??

many thanks :)

2mdPhzg.jpg

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
No replies yet, I guess I'll have to find a tree-recognizing-app for this one :)

Here's a closeup of some leaves:

htfRwKS.png

And, thanks to the Google street view archive, a picture of the tree in better days:

F40gmMX.png

Reaction score
Country
United States
Red Robin (Photinia x fraseri) is in the Rose family (Rosaceae). It is a hybrid of Photinia glabra (syn: P. serrulata) and Photinia serratifolia. Both parent species are native to various parts of eastern and southern Asia, as wel as Japan, Taiwan and the Philippines.

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Red Robin (Photinia x fraseri) is in the Rose family (Rosaceae). It is a hybrid of Photinia glabra (syn: P. serrulata) and Photinia serratifolia. Both parent species are native to various parts of eastern and southern Asia, as wel as Japan, Taiwan and the Philippines.

Thanks for the extra info.

I was not able to rescue that one empty half of the tree, unfortunately :-(

Reaction score
Country
United States
Yes, it was curious the way the tree lived longer on the side facing the building. More often that is the side that will look worse due to less light.

Ask a Question