Which pest or disease

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Hi, the unknown plant was picked up at a Church Fete with 2 healthy leaves but has developed a problem, could anyone identify the problem and maybe the plant , thanks Norm Adelaide

Attachments

• CIMG0098.JPG
    CIMG0098.JPG
    161.5 KB · Views: 73
  • CIMG0097.JPG
    CIMG0097.JPG
    83.9 KB · Views: 78

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Welcome to the forum Norm :)

Looks like some type of fungus, bit of a dusting with sulphur or cinnamon wouldn't hurt.

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Welcome to the forum Norm :)

Looks like some type of fungus, bit of a dusting with sulphur or cinnamon wouldn't hurt.
thanks zigs , done and dusted now ,fingers crossed , take care and stay safe Norm

Reaction score
Country
United States
I would say a baby fig tree with black fungus. Wipe off with a wet paper towel as much as you can, then spray with a fungicide. Do not breath it and wash your hands when done.

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Thanks LastBlow, very good advice , same day I read your post I also saw the story in the link which I would probably have ignored without your timely comment, much appreciated.

ttps://www.abc.net.au/news/health/2021-05-10/covid-19-explainer-india-black-fungus-mucormycosis/100127850

Ask a Question