Which fruits helps to achieve rapid weight loss?

Reaction score
I need to shed some extra pounds and is trying to eliminate processed food from my diet; at the same time i would like to know the top fruits i can consume to help me achieve my goals.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I think all fruits will help you out to some level as you will not be consuming empty calories that are found in processed foods. Citris fruits will provide you with a lot of vitamin C, and I think they have a cleaning effect in your system. Good luck and let us know how you progress in your journey!

Reaction score
I think all fruits will help you out to some level as you will not be consuming empty calories that are found in processed foods. Citris fruits will provide you with a lot of vitamin C, and I think they have a cleaning effect in your system. Good luck and let us know how you progress in your journey!

Most fruits have a lot of natural sugar, but still sugar. Corn has a lot too. Rapid weight loss is not good either though. Try eating just salad a couple days a week.

Reaction score
Most fruits have a lot of natural sugar, but still sugar. Corn has a lot too. Rapid weight loss is not good either though. Try eating just salad a couple days a week.

I never really take it into consideration that most fruits have lot of sugar, thanks for pointing that out. I think I am going to just salad for a couple of days and see the results. I will keep you posted on my weight loss journey.

Reaction score
I never really take it into consideration that most fruits have lot of sugar, thanks for pointing that out. I think I am going to just salad for a couple of days and see the results. I will keep you posted on my weight loss journey.

Could you envision yourself ever going vegetarian? Even for a week? That would even include fruits. Some also eat eggs cheese and other animal products. Some eat chicken , fish and shellfish. Personally I could handle that. Vitamin supplements (a just one multivitamin) would be a good idea too. I eat much more of that stuff than I do of meats naturally, especially in the summers, and I usually have to watch my weight so I don't get too thin, again especially in the summers.

Reaction score
Could you envision yourself ever going vegetarian? Even for a week? That would even include fruits. Some also eat eggs cheese and other animal products. Some eat chicken , fish and shellfish. Personally I could handle that. Vitamin supplements (a just one multivitamin) would be a good idea too. I eat much more of that stuff than I do of meats naturally, especially in the summers, and I usually have to watch my weight so I don't get too thin, again especially in the summers.

Tommy thank you, you have really given me some great recommendations here; I plan to make some serious changes to my diet. I have always loved fruits and vegetables so i don't think the change should be that difficult.

Reaction score
Tommy thank you, you have really given me some great recommendations here; I plan to make some serious changes to my diet. I have always loved fruits and vegetables so i don't think the change should be that difficult.

You're welcome and don't forget the multi vitamins just in case you're diet is lacking somewhere. Gardening is good for more exercise and consider a LIGHT weight lifting program if you can. Good luck again. Oops just noticed your post about back pains so I might revise my suggestionbefore to Very Light weights when working on the back. This might even strengthen your back a little. Do nothing drastic though.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I heard pineapple was very good for that, but I really think it all goes down to how fast your metabolism is and what you eat. If start counting your calories and watching what you eat, then you will surely lose weight. Tr drinking a glass of water before dinner and lunch!

Reaction score
Thanks for that info Trellum, if I had any idea that pineapple was good for weight loss I would be eating lots of it as it is rather cheap.One thing I have been doing right is drinking lots of water and I cut sugar from my diet. I have lost around 4pounds and I am feeling really great with my achievements.

Reaction score
A balanced diet and exercise is the way to go about losing weight. Reassess your diet now and keep a list of everything that you eat for ten days. You will find a lot of foods that keep you fat that you can eliminate and lose weight.

Reaction score
Well I think it's about time I start keeping a record of my daily consumption and see if this will further aids in my weight loss process; never done it before.Thanks for the tip firelily.(y)

Reaction score
If you want to loose weight just do cardio, eat grilled food with no bbq sauce, and salad. Fruits are good in replace of processed sweets but i doubt just eating them would force you to burn calories.

Pat

Reaction score
Country
United States
Very good information here to help you get started with your weight loss. Drinking water is also something that you need to do help loss weight, I have heard that eating eggs help to keep you full longer so that you can stay on the diet longer.

Good luck. Let us know how it goes.

Reaction score
Actually I've being stacking up boiled eggs in my fridge to counter the hunger pangs, at times I'll use boil eggs to make a sandwich which is very filling. I realized that since I've cut the sugary drinks and processed food from my diet and with more regular walks i am now shedding the pounds; i've lost around 9 pounds and i am just so excited.

Reaction score
Actually I've being stacking up boiled eggs in my fridge to counter the hunger pangs, at times I'll use boil eggs to make a sandwich which is very filling. I realized that since I've cut the sugary drinks and processed food from my diet and with more regular walks i am now shedding the pounds; i've lost around 9 pounds and i am just so excited.
That's great & if you add cardio you'll lose even more!

Ask a Question