"Where's My Dinner?"

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Keir Hardy
Country
United Kingdom
Young blackbird on the fence this morning waiting for his mummy to come back and carry on feeding him.

P1050130.JPG

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Keir Hardy
Country
United Kingdom
Are the buds near the fence those of a clematis vine?

Yes it is a clematis, it's called Spring Joy, it's sharing the space with a rose in a tub on the top step.

P1050146.JPG

I've made an alteration to the peanut feeder.

The starlings were still managing to get at it, if they hung on to the little perch and kept flapping their wings. the smaller birds weren't getting any.

But I've defeated them now. The peanut butter I have came from two different suppliers, one variety is in glass jars, the other in plastic.
The latter has a greater diameter then the glass ones. So I cut the bottom off an empty jar and slid it over a glass one and taped them together, thus extending the length.
Now only the blue tits and sparrows can get at it as they have to perch on the rim of the jar before entering the tube and gettiong at the butter I put right at the back. They are visiting it regularly. The starlings can't cope with it as the perch is behind the rim of the jar.

P1050145.JPG

Ask a Question