Where Will it All End?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Keir Hardy
Country
United Kingdom
John Lewis to close flagship store in Birmingham. M&S to shed 700 jobs.

A lot of retail businesses were just surviving before the pandemic, so it really comes as no surprise.

Many people will have turned to on-line shopping during the emergency, if they haven't used it before.

As a couple, we've used on-line facilities for decades, my wife particularly, as she's mostly housebound. She mostly uses the shopping channels, where you can order something, receive it and if you don't like it send it back post free and get a refund.

I've used eBay for a couple of decades. It's my first port of call for anything new. Even if you don't b y it there, you know how much you should be paying. In nearly 500 transactions I've never hard an unresolved problem. A rare occurance was a 45rpm record a week ago, which wasn't as in good a condition as advertised. So I sent it back and got a full refund.
I decided I needed some new polo shirts for casual wear. Twenty years ago I might have looked in M&S. But no longer. I scanned through several suppliers items on EBay on Sunday. I chose a supplier with 99.6% positive feedback who had sold two and a half thousand of these shirts (made in China), ordered them and payed by Paypal. Completely painless. They arrived this morning and I found them to be of excellent quality (even after washing)
At less than £6 each you can't complain can you?

I'm in the market for a near complete new set of golf clubs and woods. (First in 14 years, so I think I deserve them). But I'm getting them through the pro. I think he deserves the business. He's had a bit of a rough time when the course was closed for eight weeks. Though I don't buy all my golf gear from him, I do use eBay occasionally.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
I get out and shop, don't need things. Just food items, cat food, the Amish markets are open and thriving and have awesome veggies, fruit and eggs. Can get different flours from the Amish for homemade bread and pasta. My project is to clean out stuff in my house that I will not need or use, taking lots to donation centers. Do order certain face creams on line, but that is normal anyway. I have plenty of clothes, shoes etc. Finding it simply lovely spending time in my garden. So the question at the top "where will it all end", I have my opinion, but rather not start as it will be very political in nature and cause some issues. Love this place to be a political free zone. Take care.

Ask a Question