Where to get cheap Palm Trees From?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi im new to gardening so excuse my ignorance. I have just had a hot tub fitted in the garden and I thought a few palm trees in the garden would compliment it.

I was just wondering if anyone could recommend where I can get cheap large palm trees from (ideally between 2 and 3 meters tall)

Thanks in advance

Reaction score
Country
United States
Greetings, welcome to the Forums.

Purchasing a 2 to 3 meter tall (from soil level) palm in a container would be fairly expensive. Do you intend to plant in the ground or keep it in a pot. If kept in a container or raised bed, the desired height could be achieved with a shorter palm, though an attractive container or raised bed would then be its own expense.

Also, which species of palm would you want? Two likely species for growing outdoors in Britain would be Windmill Palm (Trachycarpus fortunei) and Mediterranean Fan Palm (Chamaerops humilis). There are other possibilities, but those would be less common and more expensive.

Of course, there are also similar palm-like plants such as the New Zealand Cabbage Tree (Cordyline australis), which could supply a similar look at a somewhat lower cost.

Last edited:

Ask a Question