Where do you go?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United Kingdom
I buy online.
My gardening time is limited, and I find access to huge amounts of options and information on the internet.
What I tend to do, is to research and buy when at my holiday home, hopefully timing delivery for when I get home.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Usually, I buy them at a local gardening store. I spend a lot of time there:) I love looking at plants, fertilizers, seeds and other things like this, haha:) Believe me or not, but it's very entertaining for me.
As for tools, I purchase them online, it helps me save some money.

Reaction score
As I live in the middle of nowhere and like to grow the more unusual varieties of plants as well as the regular varieties and there isn't a garden store within reasonable traveling distance where I could buy them - I generally have no option but to buy everything I need online - which unfortunately isn't always the cheapest way of doing it :)

Reaction score
We have a couple of local gardening stores that seem to be better than the chains for the actual seeds and plants, but for the tools I usually go to Home Depot or Lowe's.

Reaction score
I always liked to buy all the tools from the mall we used to go to when we needed to buy that and many other things. It wasn't such a big or specialized store, just a place where you could find a little bit of everything. Never bought seeds, but I knew where to go if I really needed to. As for the pots... bought them anywhere that was cheap enough.

Reaction score
We have a couple of local gardening stores that seem to be better than the chains for the actual seeds and plants, but for the tools I usually go to Home Depot or Lowe's.

I also love to go local! We don't have chain stores over here tho, but when I was in NL I saw their chain stores and wow! They had all the tools someone could ever need and sooooooooo many plants and flowers! Wish we had stores like that over here!

Reaction score
I buy them where I can, but I try to buy them at local business's because you know it helps the economy and they do have some really nice plants. Though if I want a rarer plant I look it up online.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I am not too exciting, I usually go to the Home Depot because I rarely know what exactly I am after when I go to buy supplies. If I am after something specific, like a certain flower, then I will head to the nursery, unless I know that the depot has it. I like my pots to be unique, so I purchase those online or go to the thrift store.

Reaction score
There is this nursery right down the road that I got to. The first time I went there I bought a cherry tree and the lady was so nice. She has this sweet little Swedish accent and she has so much knowledge, I could honestly stand there and talk to her for hours.

Ask a Question