When you take a trip in the garden

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hiii! My first thread, thought I'd share with you all about what I was doing in my garden!! I sound so silly and I apologise ! I was running around with all three dogs, Rosie Rupert and cassie, then tripped over Rupert because he's 9 years old and he isn't as fast as the other two, and ended up like this - lmao! Rupert is fine after the fall, but my toes aren't! There very painful!! But I love my dogs, so no pain no gain!! !!!

Attachments

• 20211123_150102.jpg
    20211123_150102.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 31
  • 20211123_150320.jpg
    20211123_150320.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 28
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
You just wait! I am 77 now and have a chronic condition that means my balance can be poor sometimes, I quite often end up in the sitting position, or worse. I have got careful about how I use bamboo since I got one in the sternum just below my throat when I fell, and when I bought a new greenhouse I went for the plastic one, not only because it was cheaper.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
You just wait! I am 77 now and have a chronic condition that means my balance can be poor sometimes, I quite often end up in the sitting position, or worse. I have got careful about how I use bamboo since I got one in the sternum just below my throat when I fell, and when I bought a new greenhouse I went for the plastic one, not only because it was cheaper.
Awww your such a lovely soul!

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
It's not silly at all, I've fallen over my dogs and sprained my foot, not just once. I hope that it won't take long for you to get better.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
recall the last winter with my GSD. I am walking down the icy driveway thinking, I could fall here with him if I am not careful. Thinking that the older I get the worse it could be. Well he's in heaven now.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Keir Hardy
Country
United Kingdom
I hope you soon recover Lilly.
The garden is probably where most accidents at home happen. I once slipped off a step stool when tying up a wisteria to a pergola and bruised a few ribs.

It reminds me of many years ago.
It was when our daughter was eighteen and still at home.
She and my wife were in our lounge, which is south facing, sitting on the settee. It was a hot summer's day and they had the patio doors open but the blinds right down to shade the room from the sun.

I was up and down a ladder to the roof with buckets of mortar, as I was re-cementing the ridge tiles.
When I'd finished, instead of carrying the mortar encrusted plastic bucket down, I chucked it down onto the patio. IKt landed with a loud bang.

Our daughter cried out, "Dad's fallen off the roof!"

My wife's reaction? "Don't look!"

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I hope you soon recover Lilly.
The garden is probably where most accidents at home happen. I once slipped off a step stool when tying up a wisteria to a pergola and bruised a few ribs.

It reminds me of many years ago.
It was when our daughter was eighteen and still at home.
She and my wife were in our lounge, which is south facing, sitting on the settee. It was a hot summer's day and they had the patio doors open but the blinds right down to shade the room from the sun.

I was up and down a ladder to the roof with buckets of mortar, as I was re-cementing the ridge tiles.
When I'd finished, instead of carrying the mortar encrusted plastic bucket down, I chucked it down onto the patio. IKt landed with a loud bang.

Our daughter cried out, "Dad's fallen off the roof!"

My wife's reaction? "Don't look!"
Oh my goodness! How terrible are you okay? How scary!! Hugs

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
My husband actually did fall off the roof about 4 years ago now. broke his femur right in half. I was away at a job site. Lucky he had his cell in his pocket and had the wear with all to move his arm to his chest and not move it. My neighbor came over. The ambulance arrived. So I get this message that he's in the ER. It was due to that fall and tests that they they had to give him prior to surgery they discovered he had a silent heart ache years prior.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My husband actually did fall off the roof about 4 years ago now. broke his femur right in half. I was away at a job site. Lucky he had his cell in his pocket and had the wear with all to move his arm to his chest and not move it. My neighbor came over. The ambulance arrived. So I get this message that he's in the ER. It was due to that fall and tests that they they had to give him prior to surgery they discovered he had a silent heart ache years prior.
Oh my goodness

Ask a Question