When you realize

Reaction score
Country
United States
The very first plant I have been able to keep alive (actually brought back to life) is so long! I woke up and decided to stretch Oscar out and I had no idea he was this long! He had wrapped himself around the pot and he's huge! Do I need to repot him in the Spring? Or should he stay in that pot?

Attachments

• 20230211_111006.jpg
    20230211_111006.jpg
    140.4 KB · Views: 10
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Oscar can stay in that pot for another year or so. They don't get rootbound like woody plants. Or you can put it in a bigger pot. Your choice.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
No, really. You don't HAVE to do anything.
He's right. Far too often gardeners let emotion over-rule common sense and try to save plants that would be more useful in the compost heap, or try to save every last seedling that germinates when they really only have space for a few. A garden is an artificial environment where I can channel my inner fascist and populate it with the lushest and finest available; and the rest make compost to feed them.
Well, that's the idea ;)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
What I meant was that the plant is thriving and doesn't need new soil o_O or to be repotted. It's just fine in that pot, looks great and can continue to grow in that pot for at least another year or 5. I don't know where mikejohnson got the idea that it needed anything done to it.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
What I meant was that the plant is thriving and doesn't need new soil o_O or to be repotted. It's just fine in that pot, looks great and can continue to grow in that pot for at least another year or 5. I don't know where mikejohnson got the idea that it needed anything done to it.
I beg your pardon, I don't think what I said was invalid, but it was a misconstruction of your remark.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eddiehah

Latest Threads