When to start feeding/fertilizing seedlings?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
This year I used the coconut-coil peat bricks and heat pads for my seedlings, and I've had great germination rates.

Since I still have about another month before planting time, at what point/schedule should I start feeding/fertilizing the seedlings?

Thanks!
-Zac

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
Zac, I start feeding seedlings with a 1/4 strength fertilizer when they get their first true leaves. You may have to move them to larger containers in about two weeks. I use small cells to start seeds, then larger cells when I can see they are getting crowded.
Aren't heat pads the greatest? I have two, and they have improved germination and survival rates!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United Kingdom
I use seaweed and comfrey tea at the first scheduled watering after the seedlings break surface.

I neither know nor care if this is "right", but since the fertiliser is low numbers-high availability, it won't harm my seedlings, so I don't need to know or care.

Ask a Question